I remember when it was safe to go to school and you didn't have to worry about another student bringing a gun to school, to "settle" a problem or to take innocent people out just cause.
It breaks my heart every time I read on-line about the needless shootings that are going on all over America. My heart breaks for all the victums family and friends who are left behind wondering why did this person do this and did they even know my child, or was my child unfortunaltyly in the wrong place at the wrong time. But their children weren't "really" in the wrong place, they were in their classrooms trying to better themselves, get an education that they could take with them for the rest of their lives, something that they were paying for and what their class schedule told them to be on that particular day. But because some person decided that today was the day that they were going to go into a classroom,lecture hall or a cafeteria and just start shooting. That person took away everything from those students they killed and their families. The shooter took away their firsts, their first job after college, their first glimpse of their future spouses, their first kiss as a married couple, their first born child and so many more firsts.
My heart also goes out to the shooter's families. Most of the time their child was over all a good child. Now they are left behind wondering what could they have done to prevent this, did they do something wrong raising them and a general why? While they too should be dealing with their grief and trying to mourn their child they too have lost, they will be pursued and hounded with all theses questions from every news source out there, who found out where they live and they also will have to go thru hours of talking to law enforcement agencies from all over.
Every morning I worry about my brother and sister who are in college now. My brother jokes and says not to worry..his school has had it shooting(Kent State) but I still worry and pray that they will be safe during the day and that they will make it home from school but it starts over again the next day.
When will our schools be truly safe again...like when I was a child?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't know if it will ever get back...
When I went to school 100 years ago, the boys got in trouble for smoking behind the agriculture building. Talking in class or chewing gum in class were the biggest crimes committed.
The Bible says in the last days things will get worse and worse. And I believe the Bible.
So maybe things will get better when Jesus comes back.
"They" say this boy was off his "meds"... Who knows the reasons?
You are so right about all the families that have to suffer... that boy's family is suffering also...
Let's pray for all of them!
Post a Comment