Wednesday, January 16, 2008

True Friends

Daryl and I had gone out to breakfast a couple of weeks ago and we ran into one of my co-workers and we joined them for breakfast.
We got on the subject of friends and my co-worker says that he bases "friend criteria" on this...If he were stuck on the side of the road at 2 am and he called someone to come and get him..that is a True friend.
That got me thinking and it's true. People that we call our friends..how many of them would come get you at 2 am..no questions asked???
I know that I'm that friend..I've proved it many..many times. But for me...there are few that I know that would get out of bed at 2 am. Looking at that has put a lot of things in prespective for me.
A true friend will be there for you no matter what. Will accept the friendship as it is..not what they can get from you. Won't get mad at you because you don't share their opinion but will love you because you have another opinion. Yes true friends get mad at each other but true friends have no problems saying their sorry if they are wrong and you will say your sorry if your wrong.
Now how many true friends do you have??

1 comment:

ancient one said...

Hey, you probably have more friends than you think. I can't even think of not going to anyone I know if they called at 2 A.M.

Thanks for looking at my woods.