What has happened to them? Let me set the stage if I may.....
I work part time in a bar and yes I am there to take care of the customers but that doesn't give them the right to be rude...
I grew up showing respect and always saying yes,please,thank you, may I, yes ma'am , yes sir..you get the picture and if I didn't my mom would give me that look and I straightened up real quick.
And what gets me is the customers that I mostly serve are from the generation that it was all about manners!!!!!
How hard it is to say Thank you or please or may I instead of get me this or get me that. Or how hard is it to acknowledge a job well done. It doesn't have to be with money but a kind word works the same. Even though I am there to serve you and bring you whatever your little heart desires..it would be nice to hear THANK YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It never hurt anyone to say "Thank You"....we weren't talk manners as such when I was growing up. Daddy always said when he heard younguns' saying "please"..it sounded like begging to him. We just said yes and no.. I tried to teach my children some manners, but they have taught their children well. "Yes, mam" "Yes sir" are what my grandchildren said. I'm sure going to Christian Schools insisted on that. Once they got to public shool they learned to talk as the others did. Not as much respect... just "yes" and "no"...I have noticed that people are so much more rude to each other now!!
Post a Comment