Thursday, June 5, 2008

Better late than never....

I was taking a walk down memory lane and came across the e-mail that I had sent out last March of how and when Daryl proposed to me and when I looked back at my blog..I noticed I never posted it.


So those of you who are curious....Enjoy reading!!!(He proposed to me on Saturday March 3rd 2007)

Daryl proposed to me Saturday night after giving me as he calls it “his insurance that I would say yes” See the attached photo.


I was having a horrible day on Saturday. It started out really crappy. I had gone to bed at 4:00 that morning because I had worked the night before at Danny’s and I had to get up at 9:30 to be at Brittmoore at 10:30. Well I went to let the dogs outside and there was a hole in the fence that they could get thru…so I had to play handy man and fix the hole before I could let the dogs out and before I could go to work. I was late to work which put me in a foul mood. Things got a little better though until the end of the day.

Normally I get out of there no later than 6:00 on a Saturday night but this was not the case for this particular Saturday. We had an awards party going on so I got balls to the walls busy at 5:30 and it was so busy that I couldn't’t trade draws with the night bartender until 6:15. So I closed out my drawer and dropped my money and by now it was 6:45. I was dragging ass but I stayed to help my co-workers out. I called Daryl at 6:55 telling him that I was still at work and that I would be home as soon as I could. He called me back and I had missed the call ,so I called him back and he told me to stay there that he was on his way up there to meet me and that we would go and get something to eat together. I was like ok and by the way Eric is here.(who is a friend of Daryl’s that he grew up with)

About 7:30 I went to hide for a few minutes. I was exhausted and I was to the point that I was going to strangle someone. I was hiding out by our grill when I hear Eric screaming DANIELLE,DANIELLE. I whined what does he want. I just want a few minutes of peace and quiet. So I got back inside the bar.(Ok let me tell you a little bit about Brittmoore icehouse, it’s an old transmission shop so it has the big roll up doors..ok I’ll get back to the storey now)

So I got walking back into the bar and Eric says Danielle come see your new car. I see Daryl standing there, so I come around the bar and he is standing in front of a green 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP(my dream car) I look at Daryl and then I look at the car and I look back at Daryl and he has this big grin on his face and he says it’s yours! I start screaming and running around the car and getting into it and out of it and screaming for my friends to come and take a look at it. I carried on for about 20 minutes. I could not believe what I was seeing!!! Everyone in the icehouse was looking at me. I calm down enough to take my friend Michelle for a ride and then my friend Amy for a ride. I was so nervous driving the car.

Daryl had been at the dealership all day getting the car and we had to leave Brittmoore to go and pick up his truck. While we were driving over to the dealership he told me how he got the car and with the extra money that he had left over he said that we would go look for rings. He then asked me “Will you marry me?” I was stunned. I was still in shock over the car that I had to ask him is that a marriage proposal and he said yes…so I told him that I would get back to him this coming weekend!!! Just kidding!!! I shouted yes!!!!

So on Sunday we went to Robbins’s Brothers and picked out my ring. I picked out the setting and Daryl picked out the center diamond. I tried this setting on and it screamed my name and I instantly feel into love with it. They had to set the center diamond and re-size it, so I wasn’t able to take it with me that day so I was a little disappointed.

I picked my ring up today but I have to wait for Daryl to put it on my finger to make it “official”. It’s killing me but it is also teaching me patience! Daryl won’t be home until Saturday..which Saturday can’t get here fast enough for me ;-)

I had no clue that I was going to be proposed too or getting a car!!


And as y'all know that we got married on April 4th, 2008!!

4 comments:

ancient one said...

That was so exciting... no wonder you love him!!! So glad you shared this story!

Gigi Ann said...

I enjoyed your engagement story also. What a sweet guy that now hubby of yours is, was, whatever!!!

I balanced here from 'ancient ones' place.

Now two of us have visited your blog;))

Have a fun week-end with the new groom.

Little Penpen said...

What an awesome proposal! Very cute car!!! (by the way, I'm Ancient One's daughter)

ancient one said...

You probably have more readers than you think. I've emailed my kinfolk your blog address and I know some of them read, but they never comment. Even on mine...LOL